Fostering is a vital part of P.A.W.S. Without foster homes we could not continue to save the lives of the forgotten and abandoned animals of the City and R.M. of Portage la Prairie. When you open your home to one of our animals you are providing a safe, caring environment, and are helping prepare them for their forever homes.
P.A.W.S. provides everything you need for the animals – food, all supplies, as well as covering veterinarian costs. What we expect from our foster homes is your time and patience in helping these animals adjust to a home environment. We would like you to teach some basic home manners, provide some exercise, and ensure appropriate shelter. We hold monthly adoptathons and we would need you to make arrangements to have the animal attend these events. Also at times you may have a potential adopter come to your home to visit the animal.
If fostering appeals to you and you have further questions or need more information please contact us at 204-857-7297 or email@example.com
- Download our foster application here: Foster Care Application
*~* FOSTER HOMES NEEDED *~*
The spring & summer seasons see an increase of unwanted and homeless animals. PAWS wants to help. The cats are housed at the AAC (Animal Adoption Centre) but the dogs depend on foster homes. Can you help? Please consider becoming a PAWS foster home for animals in need.
- Test the Waters. Fostering is an opportunity to “sample” different kinds of pets, and what it’s like to have one if you’re not yet ready to commit forever.
- Entertainment. You’ll never be bored! There is always something to do with your foster from cuddling to playing fetch.
- Be Proud. Getting a homeless pet ready for adoption by giving your love, time, and friendship is such a rewarding feeling.
- Community. Make new friends by fostering! It’s a great way to meet new people who care about animals.
- Life Saved. Opening your heart and home is an important part of saving a life. Fostering a pet is one of the most direct ways you can help an animal. ~ Adopt-a-Pet.com